Today I was inspired by the flowers in my kitchen to make a DIY jar of rosewater.
Here are the top 6 reasons you need rosewater:
- It’s anti-inflammatory– As a face wash, it treats redness and irritation that can occur after working out. The anti-inflammatory properties of rosewater will also soothe a sun-burn or a razor burn.
- It’s antibacterial– It will kill the bacteria from your sweat that could result in a breakout.
- Its rejuvenating– feels amazing and luxurious on your skin.
- It’s anti-aging– helps to create a more vibrant and youthful complexion.
- It’s great for your hair– will add hydration and shine and help detangle your hair.
- It helps you to feel calm and induces sleep.
I am guilty of loving fresh flowers. Every week my awesome husband brings home the most beautiful flowers that NYC has to offer. I am so thankful for the way they brighten up my kitchen and the smell of the flowers that fills the air. What I didn’t know was that I could use these beautiful petals to better my beauty routine! So this week after researching all of the amazing benefits above, I had to try it. I found a recipe and altered it a bit. Here’s how I made it…
1- 16 oz bottle of spring water
1 shot of vodka (any brand)- obviously not for those under 21
and 2 cups of my beautiful yellow rose petals.
Currently it’s sitting in a mason jar in my fridge. In one week, I will strain the petals (although I think I’m going to blend a few in with my favorite mixer/blender- the Vitamix– you will see me mention this gadget ad nauseam) and spritz that elixir everywhere.
Let’s all be calmer, more hydrated, younger looking and break-out free! Try it with me…
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products that I link to and recommend them because they are companies and products that I have found helpful and trustworthy.