I’ve been fortunate enough to speak with celebrities and the people that help make them glamorous. The women that you see in movies, on TV and on instagram (most likely) did not wake up like that. So, what can you do if you want to look your absolute best for New Year’s Eve, a High School Reunion, A Wedding or any other event? Here are the top nine tips I’ve learned from beauty experts around the world and a few ideas of how to execute on your most glamorous look.
Hair Color and Hair Extensions:
- Start at your crown- with freshly done highlights and clip on or sewn in extensions, you are on your way to looking fabulous. In September, I was lucky enough to try out a full set of sewn in extensions (Highlights done by Sandy and extensions done by Bella at Leah’s Salon in Scarsdale). This is me with highlights before the extensions. Honestly, I felt so glamorous once the extensions went in.
This week I spent an afternoon at Hudson Blvd. Group (HBG) in Scarsdale NY. The premiere multi-brand beauty services operator, opened an amazing concept store here in town. One of their top services is under the DreamDry umbrella- this glamorous blow-out is not to be missed. Thank you India for the fabulous blowout above!
We modeled the cover picture and used the following Orbie products to achieve the beach-y wave look:
Honestly, I did not expect this small step to make such a huge difference in how glamorous I looked. While at Hudson Blvd Group Salon (or “Blvd” as the locals call it), I started the day being greeted by the amazingly glamorous and sweet manager Essie. We discussed lash extensions and after falling in love with her’s, I gave them a try. She recommended something natural looking. I’ve always wanted to try lash extensions and finally I succumbed to the urge. With a natural looking set, it’s like I am permanently wearing mascara (with no clean up in the evening). What’s more glamorous than that?
Eyebrow clean up and tint
To further my day of beauty, I visited with Kandice (also at BLVD.). I have to tell you she is amazing at shaping (tweezer only) and tinting brows. Her brow tint is all natural and organic. This step makes your eyes pop. Kandice is the BEST!!
Make Up Application
There’s nothing like having a professional do your make-up. Adding in this step will make you feel Uber-pampered, glamorous and beautiful.
If you have time for a guilty pleasure, try these marble nails. Take a look at the video on how to do the smudging. I’m not convinced they will add to the overall glamorous look but they will make you smile.
Now for your body:
- Wear tighter fitting clothes: Lose fitting clothes give you a larger silhouette and are not flattering. When in doubt add Spanx under your clothes to smooth you out.
- Add a heel: The higher the heel the slimmer you will look (and the better your butt will look). Caveat- make sure you can walk- nothing looks sillier (and absolutely not glamorous) than someone in heels they cannot manage.
- Wear black:I know its cliche but there’s a reason we all own a LBD (little black dress).
- Belt it: If you have a waist line- flaunt it!
Round up of Get-Glam Tips:
- Highlights and Hair Extensions
- Fabulous Blowout
- Eyelash Extensions
- Eyebrow Tint
- Professional Make-Up Application
And of course, the most important tip- Be confident!! Nothing can make or break your look like a good batch of confidence (or lack thereof).
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products that I link to and recommend them because they are companies and products that I have found helpful and trustworthy.