Trend Spotted: Top fashion models (and super trendy teens) with marble looking nails.
As you likely know, marble is the in “rock” for almost everything right now- countertops, fireplaces, tables and now, nails. How can you get this coveted marble look without paying top dollar at a salon (and searching for the few wonderful salons that do it well)?
The good news is, marble nails are not super hard to create (if you have the right tools). The bad news is, you will need to purchase a few items to recreate the marble nail look. Do not try to skip the UV light step or to use non-gel polish. It will not work- we tried! Instead of getting marble nails you will end up with big blotches of black on white nails. Pulling these items together into a nice package will make the ultimate “marble nail holiday gift” that many teens would LOVE!
Here’s a video of Carol at BLVD in Scarsdale, NY creating the marble nail look:
What you need to get the marble nail job done right:
LED Gel light: Do not buy a UV light; it takes longer and most people feel that the UV lights are obsolete. Here’s a great article from Allure about the lowdown on UV vs. LED. lights.
Gel polishes (you can click on any of the images below to purchase):
6. Small brush to blur the “Marble” lines: any eyebrow or eyeliner brush will do but if you want a set click on link below.
7. Alcohol (any household rubbing alcohol will do)
8. Acetone (any nail polish remover will do)
9. Alcohol pads to shine nails after manicure is complete
How to remove the marble gel manicure:
- Take cotton balls and saturate with nail polish remover
- Use household aluminum foil to hold a soaked cotton ball against each marble nail
- Wait until it seems like the polish is lifting (its ok to peak inside to figure this out)- bye, bye marble nails!
- You can also soak your nails in a bowl of nail polish remover to complete the task (or simply do this instead of steps 1 & 2).
- Use a nail file to remove those hard to get bits of gel polish off.
**If the marble recreation is not working for you and you live near a BLVD salon– they are amazing! If you are in Scarsdale, NY, ask for Carol- she’s the BEST!!!
If you are purchasing the items above as a gift- the nail set we discussed in the holiday gift guide is a MUST DO addition!!!
I hope this works for you and your marble nails come out gorgeous and that you are as happy as we are with the results. Leave me a message and let me know how it goes. Send me pics of those marble nails!!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products that I link to and recommend them because they are companies and products that I have found helpful and trustworthy.