Before you see my featured picture and think I’m certifiable, let me explain. I was in Dallas for the NCA all-star cheer competition this weekend. As the teens did their thing, Bella (My puppy) and I walked the Galleria Mall. I happened on an amazing store – Altar’d State. While I was drawn in by a beautiful and flowy dress in the window, I was pleased with their dog related accessories. The service was excellent and in addition to the dresses and rompers, I found the adorable “Dog Mom” hat and matching “BeFri/ StEnds” tops you see in the photo. I just couldn’t resist trying them on.
In addition to shopping, the Galleria Mall has an ice skating rink and tons of restaurants. I had hoped to get over to the North Park Mall (higher end shopping) and visit the flagship Neiman Marcus- next time!
Also- I hear the North Park Mall allows dogs to walk the property…Sorry, Bella!
A few more highlights of our Dallas trip:
- Klyde Warren Park- Saturday Food Trucks- Eating in the park and enjoying the many food trucks (across from the art museum)
- Dessert at Cool Daze Ahead
- Westin Dallas Park Central. The entire hotel is newly renovated and they will lend you exercise clothes (including sneakers) if you forget yours.They happily welcomed Bella at the hotel (I think the policy is dogs 40 pounds and under are welcome but please confirm). We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that had a ton of room. If you stay here, try the specialty drinks at the lobby bar.
- In-n-out Burger. For those of you coming from a part of the country that does not have an In-n-out Burger, this is a must! The teens were very excited to eat here. Even though I stay away from Fries, their’s were worth trying. You can see them freshly slice the potatoes and fry in sunflower oil.
- We were in town for an NCA Cheer Competition. There were a few pop-up shops worth noting if you are ever in town for this event. Of the Pop-ups, Nfinity was the best. Huge discounts and fun atmosphere.
- Battle For Texas: The Experience located in San Antonio, Texas
- We were unable to find a mechanical bull to ride on our trip but I will research for next time!
- Lastly, if you can fly in and out of Dallas Love Airport, it is much easier than dealing with Dallas Fort Worth.
Please share your Dallas stories and tips.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products that I link to and recommend them because they are companies and products that I have found helpful and trustworthy.